Diamond Valley Little Athletics Centre - Our Objectives
The Diamond Valley Little Athletics Centre provides activities to develop athletics skills through an appropriate mix of non-competitive skill development activities, modified competition events and full competition based programs for children aged between 5 and 15 years. These activities also provide opportunity for the social interaction of children and adults alike, in an environment that encourages active parent participation whilst promoting healthy lifestyle choices.
Our primary objectives are:
- To promote participation of YOUR CHILD in activities designed to develop fundamental motor skills that lead to personal achievement and high levels of personal satisfaction
- To provide events that allow for competition (where appropriate), whilst fostering fun and participation
- To provide avenues for development of skills for children in the U6 & U7 age groups utilizing modified competition events in a non-competitive environment
- To provide continuous competition in events listed for LAVic State Championships
- To conduct Centre Championships under the auspices of the LAVic Championships Regulations
- To promote Sun Smart, Smoke Free and Healthy Eating lifestyle choices
- To promote entry into established senior athletic clubs.
Our Family Tree
||The most important level which comprises the parents and children. |
|The Centre is made up of a group of Clubs supported by an Executive Committee responsible for the conduct of competition, meetings and furthering the aims of Little Athletics in the area. Our Centre has 8 Clubs.|
|A large group of Centres responsible for conducting heats of the Victorian Championships. The Centres in our Region are Coburg, Craigieburn, Diamond Valley, Essendon, Hume, Keilor, Kilmore, Lancefield-Romsey, Preston Reservoir, Sunbury and Whittlesea City. There are 4 Metro and 3 Country Regions.
|The State body - controlled by an Annual Conference that is attended by a minimum of two delegates from each Centre in the State. An elected Board of Management supported by office staff, exercises day to day control.|
|The National body controlled by two delegates from each State, a President and Secretary/Treasurer.|
This page was last updated
September 18, 2011
© Diamond Valley Little Athletics Centre, Victoria, Australia. All Rights Reserved.